Friday, February 6, 2009



EXT. STAPLES PARKING LOT - DAY

AYSE is getting out of her car on the way to stock up on office supplies. She is wearing a neon hat.

Two twenty-something men are nearing AYSE'S car as they stroll toward the store entrance nearby.

MAN 1
(smiling, without breaking his stride)
Where'd you get that hat?

AYSE
(shrugs, smiles)
I don't know. Some thrift store.

MAN 1
(still walking)
I used to have a hat just like that back in Kansas to keep the ticks off my head.

The men continue on into the store.

Ayse wonders if neon has a biologically utilitarian function. The internet provides no answers.

END

3 comments:

  1. 1. I think that guy may have been being snarky.

    2. I have never seen you wear a neon hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: 1. No he was really sincerely excited about it. There was no guile involved.

    re: 2. It is a recent work-related acquisition and my hair was a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why but every time I hear the word "guile" I think of the Beastie Boys hit "intergalactic". He uses it in there.

    That was really not related.

    ReplyDelete